Unexplained Weight Loss| What are the causes and treatments?
Unexplained or unexpected weight loss is noticeable weight loss which usually occurs without trying to lose the weight. Most of the time, this happens due to serious illness. Consult with a doctor if you experience sudden weight loss as this can also be underlying health condition or symptoms of another disease.
Causes of unexplained weight loss
Weight loss conditions can be both mild and severe. It usually depends on the cause of the weight loss. Some of the physical or psychological problems are:
- The underactive or overactive thyroid gland can also be a cause of loss in weight.
- Inflammation in a bowel which is known as Crohn’s disease can also contribute to loss of weight
- Heart failure
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Depression or anxiety
- Weight loss can be a side effect of medication
- Celiac disease
- High intake of certain drugs can also decrease your weight
- Swelling or damage to the pancreas can also reduce your weight
- Dental problems or even extreme pain in the tooth can lower boody weight.
- Parasite infection in the body can also decrease your weight rapidly
If you feel a rapid loss of weight or feel fatigued, you should consult with your doctor immediately. You can also use medications such as Orlistat or Xenical to treat a rapid decrease in weight.